Thursday, November 3, 2011

Shoebox Savior

Just a little tip for packing for vacation: Prior to our weekend getaway to The Poconos, I had the kids assist me in packing.  Kelsey's dresser drawers and closet have clipart icons to show what's inside.  I printed the icons multiple times on a smaller scale to use for packing.  I hand the kids the pictures of each item they need to pack and they decide what theyre going to wear.  Each outfit is put into a Ziploc baggie... a bag an outfit...takes up less space in the luggage.







And now for vacation.  We received a free weekend stay at a condo in the Poconos. I knew the kids would need some entertaining while the adults wanted to relax so I brought along a shoebox with contruction paper, stickers, pens, crayons, pencils, and scissors.

Sydney spent time after time at the table, peeling and sticking stickers to the paper.  She also got to work and finally mastered her spring-loaded scissors, making fringe along lots of sheets of paper.



I showed Kelsey how to make "snow-flake" style hearts. She wanted to make one for Sydney which ended up looking like a mask so we colored it and used it as one.  She then made a snowflake.  Grammy did some paper-folding storytelling.



Fun on our (free) vacation!!!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment